FREM Sprite32! Programming Sandbox
A downloadable game for Windows
Say hello to the Sprite32!, the premier microcomputer from First Rate Embedded Microsystems (FREM), designed for the 1985 home computer market.
Play, learn, and experiment with programming in the Sprite32! microcomputer sandbox. Use the high-level FREMScript programming language to write programs, create dynamic pixel art, and experiment with audio generation. Take a trip back in time to the early days of home computing with the Sprite32!’s 320x200 pixel display, 40 columns of text, 8bit memory limitations, and 80s-era CPU speeds.
- Write programs using the high-level FREMScript interpreted programming language
- Play tutorials to learn about the interface and operating system.
- Read the in-game manual to learn the language, discover system settings, and copy code examples to run in the editor.
- Display text and get keyboard input from the user as the program runs.
- Get feedback in the status window for current system state, including program errors and highlighting.
- Play with sprites, pixels, the color grid, and 3-channel waveform audio generation.
- Save and load files, even swap out the default boot program with your own!
- Challenges: Go deeper into FREMScript with challenges and goals
- Discover programs and documents left behind on the drive by previous users of the system.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.